We offer 3 types of door knob types for Residential: Passage, Keyed Entry, and Privacy. For Commercial we offer 2 more types of door knobs: Classroom and Storeroom. For deadbolts we offer 4 types: Single Sided, Double Sided, Lockable Thumb-turn, and Electronic/Smart Lockable Thumb-turn.
To see the finishes we offer, visit our Products page.
- Passage door knobs twist and latch.
- They do not lock and only allow passage from one room to the next.
- These knobs are great for interior hallways, utility spaces and larger closets
Keyed Entry Knob
- Keyed entry door knobs feature a lock and key mechanism on both sides for safety and security.
- These are frequently used for home entrances, including the front door or patio door.
- They can also be used to secure other rooms in your home like your basement or an important storage space.
- Privacy door knobs include a twist or button lock that only functions from one side.
- Unlocked from the other side with a small pin or emergency key instead of a traditional key.
- These door knobs are typically used in bathrooms, bedrooms and any other room that calls for a little privacy.
- Classroom door knobs have a key way side and nothing on the other.
- Full turn can either keep the door locked or unlocked.
- Name says it all, Ideal for classroom doors but can be used on any door.
- Storeroom door knobs have a key way side and nothing on the other like Classroom Knob.
- Door is locked at all times, key needed to unlock the door.
- Ideal for High Security/Restricted access like Managers office or IT room.
Single Sided Deadbolt
- Single sided deadbolt offers a thumb-turn or key way on one side of the door only.
- They act similar to thumb-turn deadbolt but there is no key on the other side
- Typically used as an extra form of security for when you are home.
- Thumb-turn deadbolt offer a thumb-turn on one side and a key way on the other.
- Most common deadbolt found in homes today
- Usable on just about any door, not just an exterior door.
Double Sided Deadbolt
- Key way on both sides.
- These are the second most common deadbolt found in homes.
- Usable on just about any door.
Electronic/Smart Deadbolt Thumb-turn Deadbolt
- Battery operated, generally with number keys on side
- Thumb-turn on the other side
- Some can be connected to smart home, mobile phone, or smart devices
There is also a Kwikset Smartkey system that comes in doorknob and deadbolt. Both double sided and thumb-turn style deadbolts. (Biscuit knob displayed, levers are also available)
- Easily re-key the door knob or deadbolt with a special tool and working key
- Average life of 10-15 years before replacement may be needed.
- Most commonly used at apartment complexes.
We also offer a handle set in different finishes and keyed for Kwikset or Schlage. (Handle sets also come in different styles. Photos below are just examples of 2 types.)
- Thumb press door knob on the exterior with normal (biscuit) knob on the interior
- Comes with thumb turn deadbolt
- “Fancier” option over deadbolt and door knob combo